Friday, September 14, 2012

The Warrior is a Child


Isaiah 59
17        For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
18        According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
19        So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
20        And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21        As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Warrior is a Child

Lately I’ve been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I’m amazing
I’m strong beyond my years
But they don’t see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

[CHORUS]
They don’t know
That I come running home when I fall down
They don’t know
Who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
Cuz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because his armor is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I’m amazing
I never face retreat
But they don’t see the enemies
That lay me at his feet

[CHORUS]
They don’t know
That I come running home when I fall down
They don’t know
Who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
Cuz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

They don’t know
That I come running home when I fall down
They don’t know
Who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and look up for a smile
Cuz deep inside this armor (deep inside)
Deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child


John 15:18      
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Oh yeah. This verse has been my lifeline, my comforter. But I guess this time it's different since I have taken this in the right context. But even if they're seen differently, the bottom line is that, I'm still restless.

What on earth was I thinking? Ever since I took up my cross and followed the Son of God, I'm telling you, my life had changed DRASTICALLY!

Well, my life became harder, I had full of problems left and right.
I have tasted threats and "notice of disownership" [is that even a word?]
I lost my dreams and have no sense of direction in this material world.
Everyone thinks I'm weird. Thanks of trying to be faithful, I have earned myself of being called a legalistic, a monster, a false teacher, a Pharisee [whoa!]
and last but not the least, I was called a devil.

Oh, my story does not end there, my dears, have I mentioned I am now churchless? Aha! Yes. I have no spiritual family to run to, I have no shepherd [small "S"] to ask direction from and I have no tangible fellowship with the people like me who are battling the same things.

Will this ever end?
When will this stop?
Jesus I need you. I am lost.
For the NTH time.

 
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.


 
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.



Ephesians6
11        Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12        For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13        Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14        Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15        And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16        Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17        And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18        Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1 Thessalonians 5
8        But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9        For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10        Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11        Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12        And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13        And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and message here..